Trends in personal training industry are discussed in the first Alloy Personal Training Business Podcast with Host, Founder, and CEO of Alloy Personal Training, Rick Mayo and Matt Helland, Vice President of Programming for Alloy Personal Training. They discuss the current landscape of the fitness industry and how they deal with the existing coaching and personal training business models.
Matt Helland is a former college baseball player and a personal trainer since 2006. His favorite aspect of being a personal trainer is teaching people how to apply personal training to create a healthier, happier version of themselves every day.
Since 2010 Matt has been creating all of the programming that Alloy has to offer. Matt credits Rick Mayo and the Alloy team for showing him how to be a great trainer and have a successful personal training business. Matt is looking forward to taking all that he has learned throughout his career to helping others realize their dream of running a successful personal training franchise business of their own by utlizing the Alloy personal training business model.
There’s a lot of money in fitness right now, and the economy is doing really well – the trends in personal training industry show growth overall. With that being said, there’s a lot more competition in the market – one has got to be business-savvy to survive and thrive. Tune in as Rick and Matt dive into a more in-depth overview of the Alloy personal training business model to have a successful fitness business.
Key Points of Discussion
- Boom time for fitness sector marked by intense competition (1:31)
- In the personal training space, the regular gym, disruptor, and Planet Fitness models doing well (2:45)
- Lots of people in the game right now – prices going down (3:42)
- Personal training business models compared: Studios, large clubs and boot camps (4:44)
- Working on small group training and personal training (11:41)
- Personal training business model for Active aging market: Serving the 50-plus crowd (21:18)
Be sure to follow us on YouTube Alloy Personal Training
Download: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify
Mentioned in this episode
Alloy Personal Training Franchise