In this episode, we discuss the importance of core values and how to build them for your business. We talk about what core values are and what they mean to us and our corporation. We then go through ours, one through five.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of core values and how to build them for your business.
We talk about what they are and what they mean to us and our corporation. We then go through ours, one through five.
Core values are something that we see thrown around a lot. We read about them – there are business articles on core values. People give a lot of time to core values, but I’m not really sure if everyone understands why you do core values.
I look at core values as sort of a compass, maybe even as a decision lens for our team. So if you have a certain set of values, it should allow your team to make a decision through the lens of those values.
So as we go through ours, we talk about why we came up with those, what they mean to us. And for those listening, I just want you to think what would that mean in your organization. How could that apply?
Overall, I’d say you need core values. It’s very important and your team needs to be able to keep them top of mind. We know we have ours pasted up in the trainer’s office.
Once you have your set core values, there’s a lot of ways those can manifest themselves in your business.
Stay tuned to know more.
Key Points of Discussion:
- We had many more core values when we started than we do now (3:45)
- When you come up with your values, you almost need to brand the idea (3:53)
- Come up with something specific to you and your culture, that can grow… (4:21)
- As your team gets larger, your values need to be even simpler (4:55)
- A lot of organizations now are employing a chief simplification officer (5:24)
- Number one: Own your role; be your own boss (5:58)
- Number two: Bring your A-game every day (10:59)
- Working yourself out of a bad mood by acting nice, upbeat, and happy (13:57)
- Number three: Humor with a touch of crazy (15:51)
- If you can’t have fun doing it, you know you’re not going to do very well (20:54)
- Number four: Drive change (21:54)
- Number five: Keep it simple (26:34)
- Keeping it simple (27:21)
– – -> Learn more at – – > Alloy
Be sure to follow us on YouTube Alloy Personal Training
Mentioned in this episode