Reopening after COVID-19
In this episode, we are excited to share some of the things we have learned since reopening after COVID-19. We look at it from three perspectives, the owner, the coaches, and the client.
Many businesses are still under lockdown across the country and are facing uncertainty on when they will be allowed to reopen and how they will go about it. Having reopened earlier than planned we talk about this experience from the perspective of the owner, the coaches, and the clients.
As the owner, you have to make sure you build trust. People need to e sure that you are taking every precaution necessary to keep them safe. If it involves taking them through the process, you have to do it. This should be your main message. You should then back it up by taking care of the smallest details.
Small group personal training helps in social distancing. This worked in our favor since we had already pivoted to this. Our clients are able to trust each other more because they are a small tight-knit group.
We talk about why owners need to communicate effectively to the coaches while reopening and anticipating that they may have some hesitation to get back to work for fear of their safety. Letting them participate in safety measures around the gym can help them feel safer.
- Building trust and confidence after reopening by demonstrating you are taking all precautions to keep people safe (05:26)
- Enforcing social distancing with smaller group personal training (09:03)
- Going public with the efforts you are doing and let your clients know (16:14)
- How we dealt with our coaches during the lockdown and turning to virtual personal training (18:35)
- Understanding that your team may not be nervous about their safety after reopening (24:10)
- Communicating clearly with your team on why you need to get back to business (25:23)
- Taking personal responsibility for your business (34:24)
– – -> Learn more at – – > Alloy
Be sure to follow us on YouTube Alloy Personal Training
Mentioned in this episode